Recipe: Indian cassoundi
When we look at our GOOD n’ Vegan menu, we notice with a little bit of distance that we have quite an internationally set menu. For example, we bring Indian flair to your four walls by dressing our appetizer of baked eggplant and baby chard salad with a signature cassoundi. From you we get requests again and again, whether we can not give out the recipe for it. Today we are in a particularly good mood and therefore have a little surprise for you. We reveal the secret of our stunning cassoundi.
Indian cassoundi is so delicious
Originally cassoundi comes from India and is a spicy sauce, which is often served in combination with tomatoes or eggplants. It is very versatile and fits for example also as dip to shrimps in tempura. But of course we only cook vegan dishes, so it is used with eggplant and baby chard. Certainly, the cassoundi is not made quickly, sometimes good things just want to take time. The effort is worth it! Promise!
Recipe for your cassoundi @home
For the preparation of your Kassoundi you will need ingredients, which you will probably find in your local market. If you can’t find champagne vinegar, you can also use balsamic vinegar.
- 500 g tomato concassé
- 30 g ginger, finely chopped
- 10 g garlic, finely chopped
- 4 g cumin, ground
- 4 g coriander, ground
- 10 g sugar
- 10 g honey
- 7,5 g champagne vinegar
- 30 g Pommery mustard
- 30 g tomato paste
- salt, pepper
- Sauté the ginger and garlic in a little oil
- Add the sugar and honey and let it caramelize
- Add the tomato paste and sweat it
- Add cumin, coriander and grainy mustard
- Deglaze with the champagne vinegar
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil
- Leave to cool in a cold container, season to taste
- Or skip the steps 1 to 7 and order from us right away!